Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Inspiration

I never fathomed that there was such a writing community at my fingertips. I have started this blog because I see around me so many others who love to write as I do with so much more courage than I have. My dream to write and become a published author has been sitting on its' haunches waiting for me to make a move from occasional writer to serious writer. This desire has been festering, burning, begging to become a reality. Why, WHY, am I so afraid? Because it is scary. Because writing is hard and writing something that others will actually be interested in is harder.

Here is a secret: I have been working on a novel for a year and a half off and on. It is nowhere near close to being a finished work of art. It is my love and my enemy. Could it actually be my frenemy? So, if I put myself out there and ease my way into this community of writers who are so much braver than I am, perhaps I will be able to learn and grow and feed off of their courage and faith and wishes that one day that published dream will become a reality.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Jen! It takes guts to take those first steps and now you have, you're on your way. I'd love to help in anyway I can. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete