Saturday, April 10, 2010

Journaling

The progress on my book has halted. HALTED! I don't even know when I am going to be able to focus enough to sit down and write! So much is happening in my life right now that I have turned, once again, to another form of writing I find to be so uplifting, so calming! I have turned to journaling. I jump between avid journal writer and non-existent! However, with so much going on, I have needed an outlet to write down all the events and my feelings about them. So, I just filled up a journal I started six years ago (I told you I jump back and forth) and have started a new one. I have made a deal with myself to try and write SOMETHING in there on a daily basis. So far, so good. I am amazed at how things flow when I begin writing. I always think, "I have nothing to really say today." Then three pages later, I discover that I had TOO much to say and 45 minutes have passed.

I think that my new goal will be to focus on this blog a little more. I want it to be a personal success for me! I need to figure out why this writing thing is so important to me! Why do I want to do this so much? Why is it so important to me to call myself a writer? I think I need to get myself figured out, so I can  move to focusing on others--namely, my characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment