Friday, May 14, 2010

If she can do it...

My sister gave birth this week. An event that I was actually blessed to be a part of, and she was determined to have a natural birth. Well, sixteen hours into it, she had had enough and opted for the drugs. Who can blame her? Anyway, before we hit that wall, her nurse looked at her and said, "Think of someone you know who had a natural birth, and when things are rough, just remember, if she can do it, you can too."
I am here to announce that I have found my freaking inspiration. Thanks to Nathan Bransford and his "This week in publishing" post, I am happy to announce that if Tyra Banks can fake her damn way through an YA Lit novel then I certainly can. You have got to be freaking killing me here! Tyra Banks? YA Lit? If I didn't despise that woman and her "I am God's gift to the world" attitude, then I promise, I PROMISE, I would now. My red face, angry knit brow and furious typing are probably flipping out my precious new niece in the other room, but this is beyond...beyond...aw, HELL! I even lost my train of thought because I am so furious! Well, good for her, I guess. Does she want to take over the world next? When she runs for office, I think I will move to Canada, or Mexico, or Greece.
BLECH!!

4 comments:

  1. Apparently, Evangeline Lilly (from LOST) is writing fiction too.

    Blech is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is bad enough that Lauren Conrad is published! How are people supposed to compete?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! yes ma'am! if Tyra can do it, you certainly can!

    and congrats on becoming an aunt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm totally smitten.

    ReplyDelete